Cloud technology is fast replacing traditional hardware as architects seek IT improvements in regard to efficiency, mobility, convenience, security, scalability and more. Cloud services and solutions provide architectural firms with many benefits they should take advantage of. We’ll discuss some of them here.
Cloud Services For Architects Boosts Workflow Efficiencies
The Cloud is proving to be a game-changer across the architecture sector. It’s empowering organizations to slash power consumption, minimize hardware maintenance costs, and achieve the agility to adapt to an ever-changing business environment.
And, it allows architectural organizations the advantage of cost savings compared to the total cost of ownership for pricey in-house hardware.
The Cloud will help you achieve efficiencies and gain a competitive edge in your market. Switching to cloud solutions can lead to:
- Reduced Operating Costs
Cloud solutions allow you to forego capital and operational expenses associated with hardware purchases, maintenance, and replacement. The cloud services subscription model offers the strategic advantage of low-cost, low-risk opt-in combined with a simple, predictable monthly fee.
- Enhanced Collaboration
The Cloud opens up a wide range of applications that give you the power to easily share documents and collaborate with clients or staff no matter their geographical location. With cloud technology, your team doesn’t have to wait for each other to be finished with their part of a document or project before working on it. They can all work on a project at the same time to maximize productivity.
- Computing Power
The Cloud has the ability to activate tens of thousands of CPUs. This unparalleled power can quickly perform deep analytics of your data, and process nearly any ad-hoc queries that you require. And the Cloud can store and transmit large CAD files easily.
- Flexibility & Scalability
Unlike a traditional IT infrastructure, the Cloud is scalable to your business requirements ensuring that you only pay for what you need and use. Cloud services have the unique strategic characteristic of being able to expand or shrink to suit your current level of demand. This is especially useful for architectural businesses that will change over time.
- Remote Work Capability
This Cloud feature allows you and your employees to work remotely when needed, whether they do so from home or when traveling for business. This gives them the flexibility they desire to have a more balanced home/work life.
- Reduced Staff Needs
By storing data offsite in secure, maintained data centers, architectural firms can take advantage of storage services at a fraction of the cost of housing them internally. This results in reduced capital expenses and reduced staffing needs as well.
- Harness New Tools and Technology
With Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions, many barriers to entry with the Cloud (and subsequent advantages) have all but disappeared. The Cloud allows architectural firms to develop a hybrid environment, achieving greater reliability and a redundant data failsafe.
- Cloud Phone Systems
You can access VoIP calling systems with features like caller ID voicemail, call forwarding, voicemail-to-email dictation, and a call attendant. Hosted VoIP is popular with architects because it:
- Can save them up to 50% on their telephone bills.
- Gives them a professional phone presence.
- Offers enterprise-based business phone features.
- Allows them to communicate and collaborate more efficientl
- Lets them receive, transfer, and make calls while they’re out of the office.
- Provides the flexibility they need to add or subtract phones through a simple online control panel.
- Helps them quickly scale up in busy times, or cut back on services when things are slow.
Cloud Services For Architects Increases Security
- Cloud Spam Filtering provides services related to email continuity, email spam filtering, and signature management.
- Cloud Backups provide file-level backup services with unlimited retention through a local vault unit and offsite restoration to the Cloud. This allows for fast data recovery after a disaster. The Cloud has improved Backup & Disaster Recovery capability, allowing architecture firms to develop a hybrid environment, achieving greater reliability and a redundant data failsafe.
- Cloud Document Management to keep track of documents, passwords, and other critical data assets through an easy-to-use online portal that allows the sharing of network topology diagrams.
- Cloud Security with DNS-level protection against malware, spyware, phishing, botnets, and crypto-virus. The service also provides the fastest route to a destination through top-level DNS-Servers while allowing clients to block access to specific websites.
- Cloud Antivirus monitors and scans computers daily to keep systems secure. The anti-virus blocks malware or unsafe websites and asks for user approval before loading a website.
- Cloud Servers provide support in cloud monitoring and management to ensure uptime, security and reliability.
Why Else Should Architects Use Cloud Services?
- To prevent outages: As you know, your office can be affected by power outages. If you use a server on-premise, your architecture business will be out of commission. With the Cloud, you can access your digital files from anywhere you have an Internet connection.
- You won’t have to purchase new servers every 5-6 years. The Cloud is supported by the latest technology. You’ll have access to this without the upfront costs. And you won’t worry that your investment will soon be obsolete.
- No more worries. You won’t have to stay up-to-date on cloud processes and changes. As you know, so much is moving to the Cloud. We handle everything to provide the 24/7 access you require. And, you’ll have the proactive IT support needed to manage your cloud infrastructure.
Want to learn more about the benefits the Cloud can provide? Visit our Blog.
What Are The 10 Biggest Advantages of Cloud Computing for Engineers?
Why Is It Important For Architects To Use Innovative Technologies?
Should We Go With A Private Cloud Or Public Cloud?