BIOS Technologies has an immediate full time opening for a Network Administrator. Our Network Administrators are responsible for supporting IT infrastructure for technology driven companies. The Network Administrator will support an assigned client base on a pre-scheduled rotation and is responsible for:
- Visiting multiple client sites to perform proactive network administration
- Managing client LAN/WAN, virtual environments, storage, backup and security technologies
- Proactive and reactive technical support for client LAN and WAN infrastructure
- Participate in new client onboarding including network assessments and creating technical documentation
- Assessing and benchmarking client WAN and LAN against standards and best practices
- Helping clients identify technical risks within their IT environment
- Working cross functionally with all of BIOS support teams to deliver comprehensive client support services
The position requires a well-rounded technical background, strong business intuition, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to present professionally at all levels of a corporate structure.
- The Network Administrator must possess a minimum of three years of full time hands on experience managing business class network technologies.
- Details, Details, Details – Must be detail oriented and love documentation
- 1 or more technical certifications (MCP, MTA, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, CCA, VCP)
- 3 or more years overall in a business IT support role and/or Network Administration function
- Microsoft Windows Server Management and Configuration – Windows 2003/2008/2012
- Exchange Server Management – Exchange 2007 and Higher
- Office 365 Business and Enterprise Editions
- Active Directory Administration and Domain Management
- VMware ESXi and vSphere v4.1 and Higher
- Server Hardware Configuration and Management
- SAN and Storage Array Technology Configuration and Management
- Terminal Server/RDS Server Configuration and Management
- Layer 2 Ethernet Switch Administration, including VLAN Management
- IP Scheme Management
- Enterprise Firewall Administration
- Enterprise Backup and DR Technology
- UPS Power Management Technology
Exposure to These Products is a Plus:
- HP and Dell Servers
- Cloud services: Office 365
- Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop
- Storage Craft Shadow Protect, Datto
- EMC VNX SAN Technologies
- Cisco, Fortinet, SonicWALL, OpenDNS security technology
- PC UPS and Powerchute
WHYSHOULD YOU JOIN BIOS?
- This opportunity will expose you to a variety of projects and the latest technologies that will allow you to learn and evolve your IT skills, as well as your business acumen.
- We recognize and reward talent.
- We invest in our employees’ professional growth, making them more knowledgeable and valuable within the industry.
- Our employees are constantly encouraged and challenged to take their careers to the next level.
- We hire only the best people who help make our company awesome, and we even pay them more than the industry average.
- Our employees are uniquely positioned to help drive growth, creating new opportunities for the entire team.
- We have excellent short-term and long-term benefits, including: Medical, dental and life insurance from day one of employment; Generous paid time off (PTO); Competitive 401k plan with employer match
- We have a strong business plan with clear objectives, and a team that is fully aligned with our mission to help us get there.
- Our leaders have the vision, passion and experience to continue driving our company forward, making BIOS an exciting place to work.
- You’ll be part of a winning team, and enjoy a great work environment and culture!
BIOS Technologies’ mission is to deliver superior IT support to the SMB market in the New Orleans Metro Area. We focus on companies that understand the business/security risks of unmanaged technology and want to maximize efficiency and profitability.