The On Site Technical Support Technician is responsible for all onsite service and support needs for our customers. This relates to all technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software. This person takes ownership of the client’s technical environment. From a 10,000 foot view and is responsible to:
- Maintain client satisfaction with their environment
- Ensure that their technology is functioning properly
- Coordinate with BTA to implement business goals
65% – IT Support (Client Resolution)
- Responsible for providing IT support relating to maintenance of the clients physical network through: Verification and currency of Centralized Services functionality (Backups/ AV/Malware/Patching).
- Develop and deploy onsite proactive services that will reduce the need for reactive support.
- Acting as onsite technical support for user issues including allocating and maintaining loaner equipment.
- Performing regular onsite, staging and repair services.
- Taking accountability for any deficiency by following the ticket through to completion, either through your own work or following up on the work of one of your peers.
- Work collaboratively with peers in order to help solve clients issues in a timely manner
20% – Customer Communication
- Acting as the primary contact for issues that need to be escalated to support centre
- Ensure all issues are followed up on
- Improve the overall customer experience for our clients
- Measure and gauge client satisfaction.
15% – Complete Ticket Notes/Documentation of Policies and Procedures
- Responsible for documentation to include both system reviews and recommendations
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the requirements listed below:
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, Astaro appliances CSSA, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
Join our team today.