The On Site Technical Support Technician is responsible for all onsite service and support needs for our customers. This relates to all technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software. This person takes ownership of the client’s technical environment. From a 10,000 foot view and is responsible to:
- Maintain client satisfaction with their environment
- Ensure that their technology is functioning properly
- Coordinate with BTA to implement business goals
65% – IT Support (Client Resolution)
- Responsible for providing IT support relating to maintenance of the clients physical network through: Verification and currency of Centralized Services functionality (Backups/ AV/Malware/Patching).
- Develop and deploy onsite proactive services that will reduce the need for reactive support.
- Acting as onsite technical support for user issues including allocating and maintaining loaner equipment.
- Performing regular onsite, staging and repair services.
- Taking accountability for any deficiency by following the ticket through to completion, either through your own work or following up on the work of one of your peers.
- Work collaboratively with peers in order to help solve clients issues in a timely manner
20% – Customer Communication
- Acting as the primary contact for issues that need to be escalated to support centre
- Ensure all issues are followed up on
- Improve the overall customer experience for our clients
- Measure and gauge client satisfaction.
15% – Complete Ticket Notes/Documentation of Policies and Procedures
- Responsible for documentation to include both system reviews and recommendations
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the requirements listed below:
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, Astaro appliances CSSA, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
Join our team today.
BIOS Technologies’ mission is to deliver superior IT support to the SMB market in the New Orleans Metro Area. We focus on companies that understand the business/security risks of unmanaged technology and want to maximize efficiency and profitability.